Wednesday 31 October 2012

The Team

Just before the end of my journey, I'd like to take a quick moment to thank the team behind my ride.  At times it may appear to be just me out on the open road, but there is a support team helping me along the way:

1. Holly

I never thought it was possible to love an inanimate object, until now.  Holly has been my best bud on the road for three months, and what a pal she has been.

I have not mentioned Holly's performance until now (for fear of jinxing it), but on the eve of completing my journey I can proudly say that Holly has travelled over 5,500 miles without so much as a puncture!  That's right, this entire trip I have not had a single mechanical issue.  Holly hasn't had it easy either, I have cycled most of the time on hard shoulders which are littered with nails and glass and every night when I was in my tent Holly was out in the open air, being hit by rain, hail and sub zero temperatures; Holly even survived being hit by a car with no damage!

I guess a little thank you to Thorn Cycles for giving birth to Holly too.

Holly, you're one in a million. xx



2. Kelly

My girlfriend Kelly has been manning mission control in Bristol, checking weather, routes, camp sites and all sorts of other things along the way.  At times I think she has been working harder than me, whilst also holding down a full time job!

So thank you Kelly for your selfless act of support.  x x x

3. Taunton Leisure / Easton Mountain Products












Before I left, Taunton Leisure and Easton Mountains Products joined forces to provide me with a tent to take on my travels.  The tent was an Easton Mountains Products 2P Kilo, and what a piece of kit it has turned out to be.

I have slept through thunderstorms, high winds and even a Coyote attacking my campsite, all safely tucked up in my tent!  The tent has been flawless and thrown into the bargain the guys have offered me massive support along the way; I was even treated to coffee and croissants in the Taunton Leisure store on my UK leg!

Thank you.

4. Simpkins Edwards


Simpkins Edwards helped make the Corner to Corner challenge possible, my regret is I found out the day after I had my cycling jersey printed!  Simpkins Edwards provide accountancy, business advice and tax consultancy services to a wide variety of businesses and individuals.

Cheers Guys

5. Marx Away



If you need your carpet cleaned, give Marx Away a call QUICKLY!!  Marx Away have generously donated to ShelterBox on behalf of my challenge the whole time I have been on the road; as well as religiously liking or retweeting all my posts.

Nice one Marx.

No comments:

Post a Comment