Thursday 18 October 2012

Mind Management

I recently passed into Florida (my final state), and it is a great feeling.  For the first time on this trip I feel like the end is in sight, despite the fact I still have three weeks of cycling and 1,000 miles left to go!


I had always planned to get to Florida a little ahead of schedule, so now I am left with a laid back daily mileage of 55 miles per day and I also hope to treat myself to a day or two off to visit the Kennedy Space Centre in Cape Canaveral.

The problem with hitting my final state and taking my foot of the gas is my mind!  I am feeling somewhat victorious at the moment and like I will just sail to Key West.  The thing my mind seems to ignore is that, even thought the hardest bits are done, I still have to cycle for 5-6 hours a day.  

Each day it seems to come as a shock to my legs that I am asking them to cycle, hopefully they'll figure it out soon enough and get me into Key West in plenty of time, but for now it is turning into a bit of a daily grind; despite the fact I am now doing the easiest cycling of the entire trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment