Friday 26 October 2012

Squirrels 1 - 0 Boxhall


Yes, that’s right.   I have been out smarted by a squirrel!

I'll get you one day!
I arrived at my campsite early to find that they had site wide wi-fi.  It was getting late in the UK so before setting up my campsite I decided to make a skype call home.  As it was quite windy in the campsite I took my laptop up to the communal shelter.

Whilst making a call, I was nibbling away on a Nutter Butter when I noticed a squirrel in my peripheral vision.  The sight of a squirrel in US campsites was nothing new, but this one seemed extremely relaxed around me as he sat up on his hind legs about 1m away from me. 

Despite the cuteness of the squirrel I did not relent and ate my remaining Nutter Butter. 
I was just telling the Mrs about how I was excited about my dinner; I had chilli, with rice and a bread roll awaiting me….the bread roll being the treat as supermarkets can be hard to come by towards the end of the day when buying my groceries.  Almost as soon as I had said this I saw a suspiciously familiar paper bag blowing in the wind, the cheeky things had knicked both my bread rolls (I had one for breakfast too).

Holly makes a friend

To add insult to injury, the following morning I was cooking breakfast as the sun was rising.  I quickly went to take a photo and returned to my campsite to discover they had nibbled into my rice packet; my dinner for that night!!  I had assumed the packet, being sealed and within a plastic bag, was safe.  So I guess really it’s 2-0 to the Squirrels .  It’s OK though, I’ve still got a bit of time on my hands to plan my revenge!




No comments:

Post a Comment