Monday 10 September 2012

Nut Jobs!

Just like to share with you two people I have met in the last two days:

This is Spencer, he is cycling around the USA on a tall bike.  A bike he made himself, created by welding two bikes together.  Unfortunately I missed him getting on the bike so I am clueless how he does it!

I rode with Spencer for a couple of miles and it is a surprise he has even left his native LA due to the attention he draws; everyone wants to know what he is doing, where he is going etc.  His bike was called Wobbly Robert.



and this is Amelia, with Runaway the Dog.

I met Amelia cycling the opposite way to me, in the Teton National Park.  Amelia and Runaway are heading to Seattle.  The weather was quite poor when I met Amelia and Runaway, so I think Runaway was a little grumpy; but what a lucky dog getting to see the USA at bike speed without having to peddle up the endless hills.



For those of you who think my journey is crazy, some proof that there are plenty of nuttier people than me out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment