Friday 22 June 2012

Key Date Schedule


With my departure rapidly approaching, my plans are becoming concrete.  So here are a list of when I think I’ll be hitting my milestones.

The Corner to Corner key dates are:

Marlow Middle Distance Triathlon – 24th June 2012
My training for the bike ride has been centred around this triathlon.  The triathlon is Half Ironman distance (or Tinman) and is the longest race I have ever competed in.  The triathlon involves a 1.9km river swim, 86km (55mile) bike ride followed by a 20km (13.1mile) run.  I am a little scared it may hurt.

Corner to Corner Quiz Night – 20th July 2012
Everyone loves a quiz...... don't they?  Well I hope so, as there will be a Corner to Corner Quiz Night in The Richmond, Bristol.  

Last Day at Work! – 27th July 2012

The Journey Begins: Helston, Cornwall – 1st August 2012
I intend starting the cycling in the UK and where better to start than ShelterBox HQ in Helston.   Myself and my mate Paul will then make our way back towards Bristol.

Bristol to Reading Bike Ride - 4/5th August 2012
Fancy joining me for a bike ride?  Drop me a line at richard@richardonabike.com.

Reading to Gatwick - 6th August 2012
My last day in the UK, eeek!

Flight to Vancouver – 7th August 2012



From here on in, a bit of guesswork has been applied……….



Cross the border into the USA – 10th August 2012

The Corner to Corner journey commences, Neah Bay, WA – 12th August 2012

Turn East (Florence) – 16th August 2012

Enter Yellowstone National Park – 8th September 2012

Cross the Continental Divide – 20th September 2012

Turn South (Cape Girardeau) – 28th September 2012

Arrival at Miami Beach, Florida – 29th October

Key West, Florida – 31st October 2012

…….and Relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment