Tuesday 12 June 2012

Everybody Has Their Baggage


With six weeks to go, I have virtually all the kit I intend to take to the USA.  So for those of you interested in what I will be carrying with me on my trip, I have prepared an inventory.  This has proved a useful exercise and also it has highlighted some things I still need to get!!! (marked with an *).

You if you think of anything I may have forgot, please drop me a line!


Bike
Ortlieb Pannier Bags (x5)
Waterproof Bag* - For my tent
600ml Water Bottles (x3)
Katadyn Water Filter Bottle
Bike Lock*


Bike Spares
-  Inner Tubes (x2)
-  Puncture Repair Kit
-  Bike Repair Kit (i.e. tools)
-  Pump
-  Spare Spokes (x3)
-  Spare tyre (folding)





Camping
Easton Kilo 2P TentLightweight Tent (<1kg!!!) with carbon poles
Primas EtaPower Camping Stove – This baby runs liquid or gas fuel
Eating Stuff – Ration Tin (x2), Fork/Knife/Spoon Utensil, Silicone Mug, Camping Mug
Sleeping Bag – Vango Ultralight 200
Sleeping bag liner - for the cold nights in the Rockies, I will ditch this when I am back to warmth!
Self-Inflating Roll Mat
Ortlieb water bladder (4ltr)
Spice BoxThe greatest purchase I have ever made!  The three spices I will start with are salt, cumin and cayenne pepper.


Clothing
Cycling Kit
Shoes - Shimano SPD*
2 x Bib Shorts
3 x cycling tops
3 x socks
Helmet*
Sunglasses
Overshoes
Rain Jacket
Gloves* - I will try and find some tan through gloves to avoid looking like this!

Evening Wear
Trousers
Shorts
Underwear (x3)
Socks (x3)
t-shirt (x3)
Jacket*

Electrical Goods
Computer (Acer Aspire Netbook) - for writing/communicating/entertainment/Battery Charging
Mobile phone* (x2) – one with my UK SIM Card to pick up messages, one US SIM Card* for day to day use.
Camera
Garmin GPS - Tracks progress and does directions
Spare GPS tracker
MP3 Player
USB Hub*

Nice Things
Coffee Pot
Book(s) – Any recommendations!?
  
Food
I will be buying all my food in the Canada/ USA to save weight for the flight.

Misc
Passport
Wallet
Maps – I currently have maps to get me to Missouri, I’ll sort the rest on the road
Emergency Info Sheet
Diary
Microfibre Towel
Shower Gel
Travel Wash* - I will be doing my laundry by hand (or smelling bad!)
First Aid Kit* - I have been told chamois cream is best for saddle sores....


No comments:

Post a Comment