Monday 30 July 2012

The Final Countdown

I have previously blogged about my feelings on the journey in front of me, and I predicted I would be 100% terrified and 0% excited about now.  I am sat typing this blog post with a glass of cider in front of me and the Olympics on the TV and, as it stands, I am probably 75% excited 25% terrified (the cider may be taking the edge off, but those figures are near enough!).


Holly has her baggage!
There are two reasons I think I am so calm about the journey ahead; one is the preparation I have done.  Those who know me personally will be aware that I am quite a laid back person and can come across quite "half arsed" about a lot of things, but with this trip I have had the bit between my teeth.  I am packed and ready for my train to Cornwall in the morning and I have a pile of bits to pick up before heading the the states (i.e. my passport!).


The second reason is I have been planning this trip for so long, I just can not wait to get out on the road and start cycling!  I know there are good days and bad days ahead, and very good day and very bad days too, but after 2 years of dreaming followed by 12 months of planning, I am now ready to put the rubber to the tarmac, so to speak.


So tomorrow I get the train to Penzance and on Wednesday morning I will set off from ShelterBox HQ in Helston on my way to the USA, where the adventure will truly begin.  I hope you'll e-join me (by reading my blog!).

No comments:

Post a Comment